Celebrity engagement rings come in all shapes and colors and sizes with only one thing in common: size! Now, where you average Joe and Jane can afford a replica of one of these over-the-top pieces (in moissanite or cubic zirconia, for instance), these people wear the real deal. (Though even celebrities feel the pinch of our latest economic woes!)
Here are some literally stunning examples:.
- Elizabeth Taylor, when engaged to her third husband, Michael Todd, wore a nearly 30-carat emerald cut diamond.
- Lady Diana Spencer wore an 18-carat deep blue oval sapphire circled by fourteen diamonds when she promised to become Princess Diana.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ nuptial promise to Michael Douglas was sealed with a 10-carat antique horizontal set marquise diamond.
- Despite the eventual cancellation, Jennifer Lopez’s finger sparkled with a 6-carat radiant shaped pink diamond while she was engaged to Ben Affleck, a stone reported to cost more than $3 million.
- Paris Hilton’s short-lived engagement was highlighted by the 24-carat emerald cut diamond ring.
- Donald Trump presented his bride-to-be Melanie Knauss with an overwhelming 12-carat emerald cut engagement ring reported to cost a cool $1 million.
10-carat antique horizontal
set marquise diamond
If you don't have a rock star budget but want that same look, Joseph Schubach Jewelers can make your dream come true. Bring us a photograph or an idea and we can work together to make it happen.