Looks like the statement necklace is still making a showing, as well as layering jewelry (our Keys of Love pendant necklaces are perfect for that) and warm, neutral tones (which Gemesis is bound to accentuate.)
Here’s what fashion expert Nan Napier has to say about the Spring showing:
• Be a lady in flirtatious fashions: Feminine flourishes abound. Look for peek-a-boo designs, ruffles, lace, touches of tulle, sheer insets and botanical prints. Silhouettes are “Mad Men” inspired: one-shoulder dresses, cap sleeves, sheaths and set-in waists. Femininity is always fresh and will be a key theme of this season.
• Make a scene in artful dresses: Day dresses are delightful and unusual with origami folds, asymmetric cuts, pleating and draping details. One of my favorites is the “tress,” what Vera Wang named the tunic dress. Surely it was a nod to “Tress” Mariposas, right? Wear a tress in a high-voltage graphic pattern over leggings or slim crop pants.
• Have fun with jumpsuits, playsuits and shorts: The variety is endless, the versatility is amazing. You can pick out a black jumpsuit for a cocktail party, a hooded playsuit or romper for the beach, or shorts in one of the new flattering lengths. Keep your eye out for the right items to add to your Spring 2010 wardrobe. This category is too, too fun!
• Lighten up with white lightning: White is right. Use white as a base for all other colors and white all over as a knock-dead look. White is right for 2010.
• Update with bright clean blues: Look for bright royal, cobalt, navy blue and turquoise. Color is the update that makes the most impact. This year’s fashions feature a whole variety of blues in an uplifting way. Combine all shades of blue with white for a crisp refreshing look.
• Energize with high-voltage prints: They are bold and beautiful with a modern twist – swirling abstracts, botanicals, batiks, ethnic and polka dots.
• Get the skinny with skinny pants: This is a trend with legs, as they say. The proportion rule applies here: If the bottoms are slim, balance with a flowy, looser top or tunic. Leggings and skinny jeans continue to be important this season. Something about the look of an ankle-length slim pant always has appeal. Perhaps it’s the Audrey Hepburn visual reference.
• Go with the flow with caftans and butterfly-sleeve tops: Flowy tops are perfect with slim pants and instantly update your wardrobe. A billowy top is slimming with butterfly sleeves and waist ties. Caftan-style tunics have easy batwing flowing sleeves. Shop for tops that encompass the spring trends: gorgeous blue hues, unusual prints, flowy and feminine.
• Do your feet a favor with fanciful flats: Comfort is chic – what a great idea! Worn with slim ankle pants, jeans, shorts or a fun dress, this is a modern winner. Consider gladiator-inspired strappy sandals to infuse yourself with strength and bravery.
• Go heavy on the hardware: Look for metal baubles, studded bags and shoes, chains and more chains. Adorn your wrists with large important bracelets and cuffs. Make a statement with bold necklaces.