Did you know:
- The Diamond is the birthstone of April?
- The Diamond is the anniversary gemstone for the 10th and 60th years of marriage?
- Diamonds were discovered in India in 500 B.C., and the name “diamond” comes from the Greek word “Adamas” which means unconquerable?
- The ancients believed they were hardened dew drops, splinters from the stars or crystallized lightning?
- A Diamond is the hardest existing substance known and is made of a crystallized carbon that has unique powers of light reflection. Since diamonds are composed of a single element, they are the purest of all gemstones.
Here’s one of our most popular “star splinters”:
This popular necklace holds a 1/5ct t.w. round brilliant stones set on an 18″ cable chain. Fits a 4.5mm (1/3ct diamond) round center stone. (setting only, does not include center stone).