It’s refreshing to see that romance is back and better than ever. This HuffPo article postulates that the success of Great Gatsby has had some influence but whatever the case, the classic and ornate bridal looks are front stage this summer.
1. Pink is back! Do you already feel like a blushing bride? Carry that sweet love over to your color scheme, says Tara Guérard, the event designer behind ultra-luxe Soirée in Charleston and New York. “It’s the nudes, the blushes, the peaches — not Pepto Bismol pink!” she announces.
2. The return to romance ushers in a new love for the formality of days gone by. Think white-gloved waiters and big band dancing, crystal candlesticks and gold-rimmed china. One major bridal inspiration for the return to tradition comes from Hollywood. “It’s the look of ‘The Great Gatsby,’” says Beth Helmsetter of Beth Helmsetter Events in Los Angeles. Her brides are still falling hard for the bubbly, approachable elegance of the Roaring Twenties.
3. Pattern is making a new play but throw out the hard-edged looks. “Chevron was big last year,” says Tara, “but now I’m seeing trellis-patterns, bold stripes and florals.”
4. Lush, soft, Exquisitely romantic — the flower of the year is the many-petaled tree peony, says New York’s Ariella Chezar, whose work has been seen at the White House. Amber Gustafson of Los Angeles’s Amber Events picks a similar bloom — the sweet-smelling garden rose. Find out which flowers are in season for your wedding here.
5. The flower garland is back in a big way. Ariella loves citrus garlands for bars and over doorways — lemons, limes, oranges on the stem. “And fern garlands are really beautiful. I love them down the center of a long table.”
Read more here!