Just because gold is known for its high durability doesn’t mean that your gold jewelry doesn’t need some love and care. Here are a few pointers that will extend the life of your gold jewelry and keep you looking dazzling:
* Keep your jewelry away from chlorine as chlorine can weaken its structure and lead to breakage.
* Remove your jewelry and keep wrapped in a small soft cloth such as a chamois at the end of each day.
* Clean at least once a week with an appropriate cleaner, this will ensure that your jewelry keeps the shine and luster it had when first purchased.
* If you do not have a commercial cleaner a small amount of soapy water containing mild soap and a toothbrush will do just fine. Ensure that you leave your gold to air dry and then buff when drying is complete.
* Get them professionally cleaned at least once per year at a jeweler especially if they have precious stones embedded into them.
* Wear your jewelry while swimming in chlorinated pools.
* Wear while bathing as soaps tend to leave a film on your gold rendering lusterless.
* Wear your gold jewelry all the time, this will add to wear and tear to it and cause it to be more vulnerable. Keep some pieces only for special occasions.
* Store jewelry in a place that it will rub on other jewelry or the storage container
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jayan_B
Ladies’ anniversary band, .50ct t.w. channel set diamonds, 14kt yellow gold.
Metal: 14kt Yellow Gold
Stone Size: .50ct t.w.
Ring Size: 4 – 8